- intrabreed EBV’s with day of birth recording since 2006
- intraflock accrued daily wean ratio since 2009
- challenging sires and dams since 2005
- subjective selection for sheep type, wool type and feet since 2005
- non-mulsed, Brucellosis accreditation and Gudair vaccine since 2007
The Dohne Merino is a synthetic dual purpouse sheep developed by South African Department of Agriculture by using German Mutton Merino sires over Peppin-style Merino ewes. The progeny were interbred and selected for high fertility, rapid lamb growth rate and fine Merino wool under commercial range land conditions.